I would like to be able to have code like:

        try {
            // ...
        }
        catch ( SomeException e ) {
            response.setStatus( CLIENT_ERROR_BAD_REQUEST, e );
        }

That is that you can pass a Throwable to setStatus() and that the Status class have the additional methods of:

        void setThrown( Throwable t );
        Throwable getThrown();

The default implementation of the response that gets returned to the client will simply do an:

        t.getMessage()

and include that as the textual error message. However, if I implement my own StatusService, I have full access to the exception. In my case, I'd like to return an XML entity containing an XML-ized version of the exception's stack trace.

- Paul