I am looking for reference and reference list guidance, examples ( I think).

At the first level of my service my URI pattern is simply AT the root my
service is simply "/{type}";

In the root of my service I just started creating I would like to return a
list of links to all available types. I would like the list to have a title
and each link to have some descriptive label.  I will need to do it in html
and xml, but lets concentrate on html.  Before starting to craft my HTML and
XML "by hand" I looked around and looks to me ReferenceList is a good
candidate to help.

So in my Resource.represent I do something like:
ReferenceList rl = new ReferenceList();
for (int i = 0; i < supportedTypes.length; i++) {
    Reference url = new Reference(getRequest().getRootRef());
    url.addSegment(supportedTypes[i]);
   rl.add(url);
}
return rl.getWebRepresentation();

Any hints, example or doc pointes would be highly appreciated.  I tried, but
I think I do not understand the concepts I am dealing with.

I would like to make it more informative, with the page title (instead of
"List of references"), labels, the text for each  URI, instead of dry URI.

Here is what I get now:

List of references
http://localhost:9080/myrest/Type1
http://localhost:9080/myrest/Type2