I'm using JDK 1.5 with Resltet 1.0.9 in a Linux environment running Tomcat 5.5.

I have multiple url-patterns in my security constraint as shown in this bit from my web.xml:

 <security-constraint>
   <web-resource-collection>
     <web-resource-name>SecurityConstraint</web-resource-name>
     <url-pattern>/firstpattern/*</url-pattern>
     <url-pattern>/secondpattern/*</url-pattern>
   </web-resource-collection>
   <auth-constraint>
     <role-name>public</role-name>
   </auth-constraint>
 </security-constraint>

This works fine for the first pattern that is found, and I can call getRequest().getChallengeResponse().getIdentifier() to obtain the currently authenticated username. So if I call http://myhost/mywebapp/firstpattern/do I get challenged and it's fine. If do not close my browser and try to use the challenge response by calling http://myhost/mywebapp/secondpattern/do I am not challenged, as expected as I think it's cached somewhere, and then the getRequest().getChallengeResponse() returns a null. Is this according to spec? A bug? Or is it tied to the URL pattern somewhere only once per webapp?

Thanks!
Dustin
--

Dustin N. Jenkins | Tel/Tél: 250.363.3101 | [EMAIL PROTECTED]

facsimile/télécopieur: (250) 363-0045

National Research Council Canada | 5071 West Saanich Rd, Victoria BC. V9E 2E7

Conseil national de recherches Canada | 5071, ch. West Saanich, Victoria (C.-B) V9E 2E7