Hi Jerome,

Thanks for your response!

I'll consider the include-in-payload approach, it just seems less elegant to me than using custom headers (I guess this requires every client to know how to deal with extra info in the payload). I'll also consider the log-to-file approach, although this is much less convenient (I guess this requires clients to explicitly ask for the info, then info must be found and parsed from file).

When you say Restlet doesn't support trailing headers, does this imply that it's not a reliable approach for me to try passing stuff in custom headers? Will I face the buffering problem, or some other problem? Are there any good workarounds that would allow me to use custom headers?

Thanks!
Aaron

"Jerome Louvel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi Aaron,

You are facing an interesting problem... The easiest way would be to pass
this profiling information right inside your request and response entities.

Another way would be to log information into a shared storage (file, db,
etc.) using unique request IDs to reconcile data. For this purpose, you
might be interested by the ConnectorService#beforeSend() and afterSend()
methods.

Also, we don't support trailing HTTP headers and there is no plan yet to
support them in the future.

Best regards,
Jerome