Mail sent on the 09/10 and apparently lost.
---

Hello Duong,

what kind of problem are you experiencing with the creation of directories?

best regards,
Thierry Boileau

I don't mean to throw a wet blanket on the GWT discussion, but my
(limited) impression of GWT was that it was trying to abstract away
the web, rather than embrace it. Rather than dealing with loosely
coupled services, resources, and representations, it wraps everything
into a nice tidy Java API that would be familiar to Swing and RPC
service developers. I certainly think there's a good place for
frameworks like these (just look at the popularity of GWT), but trying
to adapt it to a REST world sounds like you're barking up the wrong
tree.
I'd love to hear other points of view, though.

Justin

Hi:

I am exiting with both GWT and Restlet, but have not had time to look at
Reslet-GWT API for client side. On the GWT front, the cited tutorial
demonstrates a new Java overlay integration between Java and JavaScripts
via JSONP. Last time, i looked at the Restlet there is
org.restlet.ext.json_2.0 extension that i plan to dive into. I still
have issue with creating directory resource using
com.noelios.restlet.ext.servlet.ServerServlet in Tomcat 6. The directory
resource work fine under Restlet component server. Please let me know if
anyone has made it work under tomcat or glassfish v3.

BTW, i think Restlet is exiting, so does GWT-1.5. Is there any example
to show server-side Restlet JSON service, even better to integrate with
GWT 1.5 JSONP using Java overlay? My strategy is to separate client-side
and server-side services so my server is only 1 of many possible service
sources for GWT mashup, where GWT application is compiled and served
under directory resource of Restlet under a Servlet engine available at
hosted sides such as GoDaddy. Is it a recommended practice? I can take
criticism so please share your experience.

Duong Batien
DBGROUPS and BudhNet