Hello Cliff,

I get an Instantiation exception with a warning trace when running with the current trunk.

ATTENTION: Exception while instantiating the target handler.
java.lang.InstantiationException
at sun.reflect.InstantiationExceptionConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(InstantiationExceptionConstructorAccessorImpl.java:30)
   at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:494)
   at org.restlet.Finder.createTarget(Finder.java:186)
[...]

What release of Restlet are you using?

Best regards,
Thierry Boileau
--
Restlet ~ Core developer ~ http://www.restlet.org <http://www.restlet.org/>
Noelios Technologies ~ Co-founder ~ http://www.noelios.com <http://www.noelios.com/>

I unfortunately accidentally discovered that if a "Resource" is not instantiable (e.g., the class is abstract, constructor is protected, etc.), the router---which is unable to complete its work---does "nothing" and doesn't log anything either

It would be most appreciated if it would log a (probably SEVERE) error if it was unable to instantiate the Resource.

For example, if you have this:

attach(router, "/not-instantiable", com.example.resource.MyAbstractResource.class);

and of course:

package com.example.resource;

public abstract class MyAbstractResource

    extends Resource {

Thanks much,

Cliff Binstock

Coyote Reporting