From: Cliff Binstock [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, November 21, 2008 2:54 PM
To: discuss@restlet.tigris.org
Subject: Usurping Directory

I would like to modify the standard Directory to return something different
than "the" file when a file is encountered.  For example, peruse a directory
structure (default behavior), but when you get to the "bottom" (an actual
file), then return a report based on that file, instead of the file itself.

It appears that I need a custom "DirectoryResource" which is attached to a
"Directory" via #setTargetClass.   I have the following questions:

1.      Setting the target class doesn't seem to be invoking the resource
2.      I'm not sure what I would need to override to have custom behavior:
#getVariants?
3.      Is there a better way to approach the problem?

Thanks in advance,

Cliff