Dear all,

maybe this is a trivial question but I cannot get the MetadataService to work
as I expect.

I started from the HelloWorld example in
http://www.restlet.org/documentation/1.1/firstSteps

I added a new Variant to the HelloWorldResource (APPLICATION_ATOM_XML) and
attached it to the /hello route.

When I GET /hello.atom the variant requested is always TEXT/PLAIN and not,
APPLICATION_ATOM_XML.

I tried different things in FirstStepsApplication.createRoot() method:

- getMetadataService().addCommonExtensions()
- getMetadataService().setEnabled(true)
- getMetadataService().start()

But I always get the same behavior (i.e., the .atom extension does not trigger
a request for the ATOM variant)

What is the correct way to setup this behavior?

Thanks,
Fabio

http://restlet.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4447&dsMessageId=990945