Hello Simon,

you can use two kinds of "XML representations": DomRepresentation and
SaxRepresentation.
You can instantiate both of them with the posted representation. E.g.:
DomRepresentation xmlRep = new DomRepresentation(rep);

The DomRepresentation gives you access to the Dom document. The
SaxRepresentation allows you to parse the XML doc with your own
contentHandler.
See the javadocs here [1] and here [2].

Best regards,
Thierry Boileau