The Restlet class contains lifecycle methods: start(), stop(),
isStarted(), isStopped().  But it doesn't seem like the framework
actually ensure that all the stop() methods are called on all restlets
in the heirarchy.  We implemented a Restlet subclass, and put startup
code in the start() method and clean-up code in the stop() method.
Our start method was called on the occasion of the first request sent
to the restlet.  But the stop() method was never called by it's parent
or the container, at least as far as I could tell.

Are Restlet life-cycle methods meant to be container-managed?  or is
there some other convention we need to understand?

thanks,
  -Dave Fogel

http://restlet.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4447&dsMessageId=1231411