De : Luis Saenz [mailto:lsa...@taxcient.com]
Envoyé : jeudi 26 février 2009 19:54
À : discuss@restlet.tigris.org
Objet : RE: detecting that client aborted or timed out

Sorry! "non-blocking" should have been "blocking" -- correction:

(John)
> The separation of the client with the post/redirect/get pattern just
> changes the *client* to a non-blocking 'future'-ish model.  I.e., if
> you use a thread pool model with a thread dedicated to processing the
> entire set of checks and behaviors to handle the POSTed data vs. if
> that's split out ala a SEDA approach, for example.

(Lu)
Exactly -- that's what I'm hoping to avoid, even though I agree it is a
better design. The reason I want to avoid it is because I expect a
non-trivial percentage of my clients not to have the skill to write a client
like this. So I want to support a very simple REST client like curl, and
provide a simple, ** blocking ** API spec.

http://restlet.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4447&dsMessageId=12343
44

http://restlet.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4447&dsMessageId=1278544