I'm also interested in this functionality.  I had thought of starting a
separate thread that does the shutdown of the component after waiting a few
moments; but that seems pretty clumsy.

From: Romilly Cocking <romilly.cock...@gmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, March 15, 2009 10:11 PM
To: discuss@restlet.tigris.org
Subject: InterruptedException when stopping component

I've implemented a ShutdownRestlet that allows clients to make a remote request
to shut down its contolling Component.

It works after a fashion, but an InterruptedException is thrown whenever I
request a shutdown. I suspect that the ShutdownRestlet thinks it still has work
to do when the Component is shut down.

This must be a common requirement, but I haven't been able to find a documented
solution. An example of the way this is normally done would be much appreciated.

http://restlet.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4447&dsMessageId=1321846

http://restlet.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4447&dsMessageId=1332167