In my project I am deploying an application as a war file. The root of the
web application /* is mapped to the RestletFrameworkServlet so that all
handling is performed by Restlet.

  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>bpf</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>com.noelios.restlet.ext.spring.RestletFrameworkServlet</servlet-class>
  </servlet>

  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>bpf</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>

The root restlet is a SpringBeanRouter and I have a mapping for / to a
resource as shown below.

 <bean id="root" class="org.restlet.ext.spring.SpringBeanRouter" />

  <bean
    name="/"
    id="rootResource"
    scope="prototype"
    class="myResourceClass"
  />

The war is deployed to /ws on my server.

If I access /ws I get an Restlet status page error saying "The server has
not found anything matching the request URI" but if I use /ws/ it works
correctly.

I tried mapping to "" to see if that would work and it gives the same
behaviour.

Is it possible to modify the router so that the root resource does not need
the trailing slash?

Cheers,
Paul

http://restlet.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4447&dsMessageId=1582399