It seems like I'm the only one here working with non-annotated ServerResources right now, so I'd chime in and add that you actually need to override more than method for each REST method as it stands. There's get(), get(variant), post(entity), post(entity, variant), put(entity), put(entity, variant), delete(), delete(variant). Also, all these methods are allowed to throw ResourceExceptions, but annotated handlers cannot. So, it at stands, non-annotated and annotated mode are currently very different.

Also, it seems that annotated mode is turned on by default, and that you have to explicitly turn it off in doInit(). I'm sure some of us would prefer this to be the other way around! Or perhaps automatic detection of some sort?

-Tal