Thanks, Jerome.  After my first posting, I was able to experiment and
resolve this (using 2.0m3).  One thing that slowed me down is that my
IDE automatically created a couple of imports for Server and another
class I no longer remember that were not Restlet classes.  I also
didn't understand that having Jetty in the classpath would mean it was
automatically used as the http server, but discovered that as well.
The XML config file constructor for Component is very handy and I'm
using that right now.

http://restlet.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4447&dsMessageId=2372807