Robin-

To be clear, (and it's important to note that I haven't tried this
approach recently), the current restlet core module does come with a
BundleActivator registered in the manifest, you can see the code at
org.restlet.engine.internal.Activator.java, and it's designed to do
roughly what it seems you're asking for, which is that it provides an
osgi-flavored version of restlet's extension scanning.  To use it
you'd have to make sure that the restlet bundle is not just installed
but also started before your client-code bundle (and any extension
modules would have to be installed but not necessarily started before
your bundle).  In simple cases this should work, and the restlet folks
would probably consider it a bug if it doesn't at least do what's
advertised.  My point in past messages is that I'd prefer a different
solution.  I'm sure that Jerome and the other folks won't ship a final
2.0 that isn't usable out of the box in at least some manner by OSGi
users.  They've already done much more than most projects do to be
OSGi-friendly!

-Dave

http://restlet.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4447&dsMessageId=2382913