I'm using Restlet 2.0 M4 with JDK 1.6.0_16 on Fedora Core 8.  My web
application's container is Tomcat 6.0.20.

My web application returns XML Representations for each GET request, and
the Representations are all created like so:

        try
        {
            final DomRepresentation rep =
                    new DomRepresentation(MediaType.TEXT_XML);
            final Document document = rep.getDocument();

            // Create elements and append them to the Document.
            buildXML(document);

            document.normalizeDocument();

            return rep;
        }
        catch (IOException e)
        {
            LOGGER.error("Unable to create representation.", e);
            throw new InvalidResourceException(
                    "Unable to create XML Document.", e);
        }

The buildXML() method simply creates Elements for a Domain Object with
an XML Namespace and appends them to the given Document.

But if I try to hot redeploy the webapp in Tomcat, there is still a
handle on the org.restlet.ext.xml.jar file, so if the
${CATALINA_BASE}/webapps directory were NFS mounted, the .nfsXXXX file
would still exist and Tomcat could not redeploy it.

Is anyone else having trouble with this?  Is this a problem with Streams
not closing somewhere along the line?

Thanks,
Dustin
--

Dustin N. Jenkins | Tel/Tél: 250.363.3101 | dustin.jenk...@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca

facsimile/télécopieur: (250) 363-0045

National Research Council Canada | 5071 West Saanich Rd, Victoria BC.
V9E 2E7

Conseil national de recherches Canada | 5071, ch. West Saanich, Victoria
(C.-B) V9E 2E7

http://restlet.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4447&dsMessageId=2392534