On 2009-10-22 15.32, Rémi Dewitte wrote:
> Rickard,
>
> I have the feeling that overriding ServerServlet is not the way to go.
> AFAIR you should be able to use it out ofthebox configuring the
> application in web.xml. I don't know if stop() is called either but I
> think so.

Overriding ServerServlet.destroy is definitely not right, but that's the
only way I can get it to work. Preferably I should only have to override
createApplication. But if I do that, then application.stop() is not
always called, as I get cases where the Component is considered stopped,
and so application.stop() is not called.

I could very easily reproduce this by simply deploying, and then
redeploy again immediatly, without any servlet calls having been made.
The application is instantiated and started, but not stopped on
destroy(), as the Component is stopped. It seems there's a logic error
somewhere in the code.

/Rickard

http://restlet.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4447&dsMessageId=2410097