Hi Ty,

the API is designed to do he right thing, and to avoid invalid things. I
think, without a code change it's not possible. You could perhaps try
another client api, e.g. the apache client (I don't know, if it also
avoid illegal values).

best regards
   Stephan

http://restlet.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4447&dsMessageId=2413209