Hello,
I have take a look at the new Validator class. Reading the method
beforeHandle(Request request, Response response) I don't can't
understand why, when an attribute is not required, it return a Status
CLIENT_ERROR_BAD_REQUEST if the value is not found. But if the value is
not required, you should not return a client error.

Maybe in the beforeHandle(Request request, Response response) method,
you should first test if the attribute is required or not, and then test
accordingly.
I hope I'm clear enough.

Regards,
Laurent.

--
Laurent Rustuel,
Alten contractor for Genesys, an Alcatel-Lucent Company

http://restlet.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4447&dsMessageId=2419572