I guess I'm not clear on your motivation for trying to accomplish this on the
server.  The easy way to do a "redirect" to another page if you want the
original page to be displayed for a set period of time is to return html that
has a special meta tag in the head section. See
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meta_refresh for examples.  You can put an
animated gif in for the countdown, or write some javascript to do the countdown.

If you want this to be an official HTTP redirect, for example a 301, 302, 303,
307 status code, then you can set that status code in the response object and
set the entity to be some html that will do your refresh to the new URL, plus
the countdown.  Be careful if you choose to go with 301 or 302 as the response
code, read IETF RFC 2626 for details.

-Matt

http://restlet.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4447&dsMessageId=2433460