Hi Thierry,

Thanks for this response, even if it does make my life more complicated!

What I'm building is basically a clone of Amazon's S3.  On the server side
this has been more or less fine using Restlet -- modulo the issues I've
previously raised re the AuthenticationHelper and support for
Expect/CONTINUE -- but it looks like I'll not be able to build a
Restlet-based client.

Which makes me ask what the point is of the support for the S3 scheme in
ChallengeResponse?  The values in that scheme are dependent on being able
to read and sign actual header values such as Date.

I read the Javadoc for onContinue and when it said it was called before
the entity was sent I wasn't sure just how literal that was.  Not sure
about that use case but for my purposes a callback prior to the dispatch
of the entire request that would allow examination and modification of the
actual request (both headers and entity) to be sent would be really
useful.

Cheers,
Garry

--