De : Bruno Harbulot [mailto:bruno.harbu...@manchester.ac.uk]
Envoyé : mardi 2 mars 2010 15:53
À : discuss@restlet.tigris.org
Objet : Re: M7 and TunnelService fix still not working for IE7/8 (or so it
seems)

Hi,

Just in case it may help, last week, I had to use the following
configuration for IE8, using the snapshot in the Maven repository
(org.restlet-2.0-20100210.140104-6132.jar).

#Internet explorer
agentName: msie
acceptOld: */*
acceptNew: text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8

agentName: msie
acceptOld: image/gif, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg,
application/x-ms-application, application/vnd.ms-xpsdocument,
application/xaml+xml, application/x-ms-xbap, */*
acceptNew: text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8

I'm not sure why, but for some requests, IE was sending either */* or
the longer list.

Best wishes,

Bruno.

Jerome Louvel wrote:
> Hi Fabian,
>
> It seems that IE6 doesn't use "*/*" but a longer Accept HTTP header so we
need to be careful.

> One option you have is overriding the default "accept.properties" file
from Restlet with your own to do tests. You need to place it in a
"/org/restlet/service/accept.properties" location, available in your
classpath in front of Restlet JAR.

> For example, it might be possible to add several rules for IE to match all
situations?

> Best regards,
> Jerome Louvel
> --