Hello everyone,

I have a restlet resource that sometimes produces an exception during
processing. Since the exception is the fault of the server and not the fault
of the client I would like to retry the request. When an exception occurs I
get rolled back all the way to the Finder. In the Finder's handle function
i'd like to attempt to retry processing of the request when I see these
exceptions. Here's an example of the Finder I would like to implement.

@Override
public void handle(Request request, Response response)
{
    int count = 0;
    while (count < MAX_RETRIES)
    {
        try
        {
            super.handle(request, response);
            break;
        } catch (MyException e) {
            count++;

The behavior i'm seeing, however, is that once the exception is caught the
response is immediately sent back to the client and retry processing ceases.
If this is expected behavior how would I go about making this happen?

Jean-Philippe

http://restlet.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4447&dsMessageId=2603790