Hi all - newbie Java & Restlet developer, here, so please excuse any ignorance
that may be showing.

I'm working on a GAE app with Restlet 2.0, and ran in to a couple of dependency
issues re Jackson that seemed strange to me:

1) I (dumbly) forgot to include org.restlet.ext.jackson.jar in /WEB-INF/lib.
In that setup I get a 405 when I attempt make a POST annotated with
"application/json". I burned a pile of hours beating my head against the wall
on that one before I figured it out.

This could easily be by design.  Maybe I'm not being intelligent in my
debugging on the server side, and I suppose we're constrained in terms of HTTP
codes to come back with, but man that was painful!  Just wanted to raise it in
case something could be done to save the next person from paying so dearly for
a dumb mistake.

2) Also, I've found I have to include the Jackson core and mapper JARs to get
things to work.  W/o them I get class not found errs looking for JsonFactory
and some other objects.  Should I be expecting everything I need to be in the
extension JAR or is it just an interface of sorts?

Thanks!

// Doug

http://restlet.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4447&dsMessageId=2651514