I have been developing regularly using Restlet (via Prudence for
JavaScript) and MongoDB for a while, and strongly recommend it.

Check out the MongoVision project as an example. The server-side code is
ridiculously simple:

http://code.google.com/p/mongo-vision/

(For web development, the combination of JavaScript on the server,
client and database is a magic bullet! Note that Prudence can also use
MongoDB as its cache backend.)

MongoDB also has a RESTful layer, which means you would be able to
access it via Restlet's ClientResource. Though, I'd say you're better
off using the standard Java driver. (Even though it, too, could be better.)

Otherwise, there are no problems storing the Mongo instance in the
Context. That's its natural place. (I sometimes store it in the
Component's context if I need it shared between a few Restlet Applications.)

-Tal

http://restlet.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4447&dsMessageId=2699516