You can check out the daemon support page for Prudence (which is based
on Restlet):

http://threecrickets.com/prudence/manual/daemon/

Prudence comes with working configuration files for Tanuki's Wrapper and
for YAJSW. It comes with Apache Commons Daemon ready to run, with a
rather sophisticated bash and Windows script.

-Tal

http://restlet.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4447&dsMessageId=2715784