Hi,

I have a custom class AMRecord which is being handled in an unexpected way.

Two RESTlet calls:

    @Get
    public AMRecord read(String id) {

and

    @Get
    public Set<AMRecord> readWithSecKey(String id) {

Jackson can cope with AMRecord as the read call works, my client code looks
like this:

        ClientResource resource = new ClientResource(resourceUrl + "/read");
        ReadResource readResource = resource.wrap(ReadResource.class);

        AMRecord record = readResource.read("43478392743");

I get back an AMRecord instance.

But for the Set, on the client I get a class cast exception

        ClientResource resource = new ClientResource(resourceUrl +
"/readwithseckey");
        ReadWithSecKeyResource secReadResource =
resource.wrap(ReadWithSecKeyResource.class);

        Set<AMRecord> sessions =
secReadResource.readWithSecKey("uid=steve,ou=users,o=openam");

This is because the Set sessions has a LinkedHashMap rather than AMRecord
entries. The LinkedHashMap is populated with the data from the AMRecord that
should be present.

Any ideas?

thanks
Steve

--
Steve Ferris : ForgeRock AS : e: steve.fer...@forgerock.com
t: +44 (0)7813 709285 f: +44 (0)7971 042421 w: forgerock.com

http://restlet.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4447&dsMessageId=2721343