Hello list,

Can you explain to me how to return a description with a client_error status in
a PUT handler? Things are working in the GET handler, but for some reason i can
not get it working in the put.
In the client the error_code is available, but my description "Payload is not
in JSON format" is not. The description from the GET is available.

public class MyServerResource extends ServerResource {

        @Override
        protected Representation get() {
                Representation representation = null;
                MediaType returnMediaType = getPreferredMediaType();
                if (MediaType.APPLICATION_JSON.equals(returnMediaType)) {
                        representation = getCSV();
                } else {
                        setStatus(Status.CLIENT_ERROR_UNSUPPORTED_MEDIA_TYPE,
                                "Can only support application/json");
                }

                return representation;
        }

        @Override
        protected Representation put(Representation representation) {
                // check if the requested mediatype is application/json
                if
(MediaType.APPLICATION_JSON.equals(representation.getMediaType())) {
                        JsonRepresentation jsonRepresentation = new
JsonRepresentation(representation);
                        if (jsonRepresentation == null) {
                                setStatus(Status.CLIENT_ERROR_BAD_REQUEST,
"Payload is not in JSON format");
                        } else {
                                // other stuff
                return null;

This e-mail and its contents are subject to the DISCLAIMER at
http://www.tno.nl/emaildisclaimer

http://restlet.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4447&dsMessageId=2765366