Quick followup-

I have found the same issue. I am using Restlet 2.1 RC2, with the Jetty
connector, and found that the "needClientAuthentication" = "true" parameter
in DefaultSslContextFactory does not seem to be working.

I downgraded to 2.0.11, fixed the few things needed to get it to compile*,
and the Client Certificate requirement seems to work fine.

Thanks, all.

-John Wismar

*For reference: the only things I had to change was that
DefaultSslContextFactory is in a different package, and I commented out
calls to Engine.setLogLevel().