Hi Matthew,

I use the OAuth2 extension a while ago but I had to integrate the with
OpenAM[1] and I found it difficult to extend to my need. I made my own
extension[2] and I hope one time this can be the part of the official Restlet
extensions.

Back to you question you want to use a custom Form based resource owner
authentication then you need to make your own authentication filter. Rest is a
state-less implementation and the Form based authentication requires some
state-session information which you can use when the user-agent accesses to the
authorization end-point.

You can write a Form Authenticator and Session Manager [3] like I use or you
write your own.

First Request:
User-Agent access to /authorize endpoint. The Restlet Authentication filter can
not authenticate the user then it show a login-form.

Second Request:
User-Agent submits the username/password and the Restlet Authentication filter
authenticates the user and allow to display the OAuth2 authorization page.

Third Request:
User-Agent submits the decesion but the Restlet Authentication filter can not
authenticate the user unless some session information is available.

I guess you see the problem why it work with Basic authentication where the
credential are alway included into the Request header.

I hope I could help you to get further with your implementation. See my
example[2] if you want to see more.

Regards,
Laszlo

[1] http://openam.forgerock.org