I did some more testing and it looks like the issue here is the Spring
extension. I removed the dependency on Spring and just used the
ServerServlet class in the servlet ext package and calling OPTIONS works. I
found this discussion from a few years back
http://restlet-discuss.1400322.n2.nabble.com/Integrating-WADL-and-Spring-td2437617.html

I was hoping that maybe I could use the Spring extension and still get the
out-of-the-box WADL representations from WadlApplication and
WadlServerResource - even without any extra config you still get a lot. But
I can't even get that to work. Again if anyone has any insight I'm all ears.