Got it working.  You need all the fasterxml jar files, and you'll need the
org.codehaus.woodstox jar files used by fasterxml.  In my case that gets me the
xml and json encoding of jaxb annotated files that I was looking for.

Here is the list of working jar files for the benefit of anyone who may come
across this:

org.restlet.ext.jackson.jar
org.restlet.ext.servlet.jar
org.restlet.jar
com.fasterxml.jackson.annotations.jar
com.fasterxml.jackson.core.jar
com.fasterxml.jackson.csv.jar
com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.jar
com.fasterxml.jackson.jaxb.jar
com.fasterxml.jackson.smile.jar
com.fasterxml.jackson.xml.jar
com.fasterxml.jackson.yaml.jar
org.codehaus.woodstox.core.jar
org.codehaus.woodstox.stax2api.jar

Again, these get you encoding of jaxb annotated classes to xml and json.

This is a much longer list of jar files then was necessary for restlet 2.1. The
entire set of fasterxml jar files are required or else you'll get class not
found exceptions when it tries to load converters for all the formats it
supports.  I'd like to figure out, or see supported, a way to avoid the need to
load only specific fasterxml converters. e.g. I don't care about csv, smile,
and yaml and would prefer not to load them.

http://restlet.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4447&dsMessageId=3050436