I have been having a problem for a while, that comes and goes. Recently
it came back and won't go.  :-(  This is Restlet 2.1.4, Java EE edition.

Sometimes when a client posts a non-empty form with
application/x-www-form-urlencoded, the form arrives empty at the @Post
method.  As you might be able to appreciate, this has been very
difficult to debug due to the lazy evaluation techniques employed in
Restlet.

Unfortunately the Restlet application is large, and part of a huge
servlet-based web app.   I have not been able to boil this problem down
to just the essentials that show the problem.  Here is something similar
to the server code:

import org.restlet.Server;
import org.restlet.data.Form;
import org.restlet.data.Protocol;
import org.restlet.resource.Post;
import org.restlet.resource.ServerResource;

public class FormProblem extends ServerResource {
     @Post
     public String testPost(Form form) {
         return form.toString();

         new Server(Protocol.HTTP, 8182, FormProblem.class).start();

As I said, this problem does not always happen.  For a time it happened
only on the first post and all subsequent ones were okay until the app
was restarted.  But now it is happening to me consistently (but again,
not in that tiny sample).

Has anyone seen this sort of behaviour?  Can any Restlet developer
suggest a strategy that will allow me to debug this?  What is the
earliest point in Restlet where I will be able to see the request body
in a debugger?

Thanks very much,
Sean

http://restlet.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4447&dsMessageId=3070111