The code in createInboundRoot is called once at application startup, so any
logging in it is only called once.

It sounds like you're trying to get logging each time a request is handled.
For that you need to instrument the Restlets themselves, either in their
handle() methods or in more specific methods. For Filters, you can add
logging in the beforeHandle and afterHandle methods.

Incidentally, you can just use getLogger(). There's no need for
System.out.print.

--tim

http://restlet.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4447&dsMessageId=3074816