I have been reading the javadocs for documentation ServerServlet
(http://restlet.com/technical-resources/restlet-framework/javadocs/snapshot/gae/ext/org/restlet/ext/servlet/ServerServlet.html)

In deployment mode 3, the context path of the servlet is automatically added.
That's what we call the auto-wire feature. This is the default case, and is
equivalent to setting the value "true" for the "org.restlet.autoWire" parameter
as described above. In modes 1 or 2, if you want to manually control the URI
wiring, you can disable the auto-wiring by setting the property to "false".

Finally, an "org.restlet.ext.servlet.offsetPath" attribute, containing the
computed offset path used to attach applications when (and only when) the
auto-wiring feature is set, is added to the component's context.

Both autowire and offsetPath should do the trick... i am trying to figure out
how exactly.

http://restlet.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4447&dsMessageId=3091619