I saw a tig welder in the shop it should be able to weld aluminum if you
have the right filler rod and working material. The problem as I see it is
that cast aluminum won't weld like extruded aluminium.

I haven't seen the break but you might be better off with job weld or other
epoxy. Or scrap the part and get a new/used one. What part is broken?