I was in a music theory class, so I know a few things. (I'm also a
percussionist/drummer) Are you saying I should vary dynamics more? I'm not
really sure how I can do that without wrecking my mixes. I just need
experience. Should I create a melody before I make the chord progression?

Thanks!
Ben Lippincott