>It should have a charging "bed"

It could be an induction plate that it just rolls onto to charge, no ports
to dock with.

>remove me from this damn mailing list! the link to synhak keeps showing as
an invalid security certificate

I checked the certificates and they're currently valid until Aug. 26, 2014.
I entered your email address in the unsubscribe field for you. It will send
you an email asking you to confirm removal. You must confirm removal to be
unsubscribed.