That's the non-functioning electronic boards for scrap electronic
components. Its been there for at least six months for this purpose because
the previous method was a pile of questionable boards underneath the Lab
table. I've repaired some of the space's electronics using this pile
(including the 3D printer's monitor). It shouldn't go in the junk pile
because its been a continual source of raw material for the electronic's
lab and having it all thrown away in a week would not be good.