Hi, all.

I've been thinking of how we could accomplish the family rate for memberships,
and at the same time how we could accomodate corporate sponsorships.

First, we should change the discount. Currently, it is a 10% discount on the
total when you buy at least three months at a time. I suggest that we change
it to 15% off the total when you buy 2-6 months, and a 20% discount for 7-12.

Second, the discount should only apply to certain blocks of membership. You
couldn't directly buy 5 months, but you could buy a block of 3 and a block of
2. This is to encourage groups to contribute extra memberships to those who
need/want monetary sponsorships while cutting down on the impact of the
discount elsewhere.

Suggested packages:

* 2 months: $59.50 instead of $70, discount of $10.50
* 4 months: $119 instead of $140, discount of $21
* 6 months: $178.50 instead of $210, discount of $31.50
* 9 months: $252 instead of $315, discount of $63
* 12 months: $336 instead of $420, discount of $84

My idea is that entities (human or otherwise) can buy a block of months at a
time and decide how they want to allocate the purchased months. For most
people, they would only ever buy one month at a time and apply it to their own
membership. Still $35.

A family with two members could have one person buy a block of two months and
apply each month to each person's membership. Their bill would be $59.50.
Adding a kid would make it a pack of two plus a single for $94.50 instead of
$105.

A company that wishes to pay for a number of employees could buy some months
and apply them to their employees. For example, they could have five employees
and decide to sponsor 4+1 memberships per month for $154, or 6 for $178. 5
regular memberships is $175.

This also somewhat plays into the hacker-in-residence idea. If someone wanted
to sponsor another member, they would only need to pay another $24.50.

Feedback and suggestions welcome.