Torrie you are probably correct about intense mismanagement, though the project
started in 2008 most wireless mesh standards were not fully developed then,
even OLSR was a baby at that time.
"That grandiose plan soon was scaled back to 12 square miles, but the system
never worked decently even in its tiny 3.5-acre core downtown."
That quote makes me think even if they had all the money in the world, this
still wouldn't work due to poor routing methods.

Also I have a bunch of Gateworks Boards and Mini-PCI radios that I can easily
create a proof of concept on how scalable you can get just with 802.11a
devices.  All I need is a playground a some additional equipment.

On Friday, February 14, 2014 12:21 PM, Ricky Elrod <ri...@elrod.me> wrote:

On 02/14/2014 10:24 AM, Torrie Fischer wrote:

> Tomorrow (Saturday the 15th) at Noon, we're getting together at SYNHAK to
> start organizing a plan to be presented at Akron City Council for creating a
> munincipal ISP.

I will try to be there.

-Ricky