Hello SynHak Community,

As our size has grown and continues to grow we encounter a variety of view
points and life styles. In most cases this is a great asset but
occasionally we find ourselves at odds with other peoples values. Our rule
of "Be excellent to each other" mitigates most of these  encounters. To
help  with the times when it is not enough we have been discussing
establishing a community working group. Below I have detailed a rough
outline of operation drawing from previous discussions and other working
groups in use at collaborative efforts such as Drupal and KDE.
This is not a proposal yet, but I hope that one can be created from this
discussion. Please read carefully and give your thoughts on any
shortcomings or things I have overlooked.
== Begin Outline ==

In order to assure SynHak is a low stress, friendly, environment
The Community Working Group has been established to resolve
interpersonal disputes. The first step in any interpersonal
dispute is confronting the offending party. It is always
preferable for the parties to mediate their own disputes. On
occasion it may become necessary for an additional party to
intervene and facilitate calm discourse. This role is filled by the
Community Working Group(CWG). In addition to facilitating
communications, the CWG will ensure the SynHak, Inc. Bylaws and
Code of Conduct, and Mission are upheld.

*Initiation of involvement:*
The CWG cannot get involved in interpersonal affairs except
through: the direct petition from one or more of the parties
involved, direct request from a quorum of the Board of Directors,
as a result of a proposal by the membership. Here after referred to
as "concerned parties". To request involvement by the CWG one of the
concerned parties must submit a written request to the CWG mailing list.
This written request MUST include information regarding:
 - the parties involved,
 - Concise but detailed explanation of the dispute
 - actions already taken to resolve the dispute
      * if no action has been taken, justification for inaction
 - desired method of resolution
 - preferred method of contact
 - schedule of availability

*Duties:*
After being informed of the issue and steps already taken to
resolve it the CWG will contact all parties involved within 14
business days via e-mail. This email will contain a summary of the
complaint as well as suggested courses of action. For complex
issues mediation will be arranged using a medium agreeable by both
parties.

*Resolution:*
Depending on the nature of the issue the following actions may be
taken to return to an inviting atmosphere.

1) The parties involved discuss their differences on their own.

2) The parties involved request a CWG representative to serve as
moderator to ensure civil discourse and document resolution.

3) The parties involved request one or more CWG representatives to
serve as mediators and provide active guidance and aid in
resolution

4) The parties involved agree to non-binding arbitration wherein
each party is given a chance to voice their concerns and the
arbiter(s) suggest a course of action to the parties involved

5) CWG representatives establish context for the
conflict and make suggestions to the Board of Directors and/or
membership whom make a final binding ruling on the dispute.

 - The CWG cannot be used to exercise punative measures. This power lies
with the Board of Directors and the Membership.

 - It is not the role of the CWG to initiate contact with law
enforcement officials based on petitions brought to the CWG.

 - CWG volunteers reserve the right to decline their services on
the grounds of conflict of interest or if they believe their
involvement would expose them to risk.

 - Proxies may not be established for any of the parties involved.
If the dispute is to the point where the parties are not
comfortable being in the same room the dispute is likely outside
the scope of the CWG's abilities.

*Staffing:*
Any resident of the Greater Akron Area is eligible to participate
in the Community Working Group. A minimum of three volunteers will
be approved, there is no maximum. Positions will be filled at the
time of annual elections, additional volunteers may be approved on
an as-needed basis.
Approval is achieved by a Quorum of the Board of Directors,
consensus by the Membership, or consensus by the disputing parties.

*Records & Privacy:*
The CWG will make every effort to keep details of disputes
private. Records will be furnished to law enforcement at the behest
of one or both parties, in the event no consent has been given
records will only be furnished by court order.

After resolution a brief summary composed of: the parties involved,
vague nature of the dispute as well as suggested actions will be
filed at the principle office of SynHak, viewable on request by
members in good standing. If SynHak Code of Conduct or Bylaws have
been breached, those breached shall be noted.

=== End CWG outline ===
Inspiration and additional resources:
https://drupal.org/governance/community-working-group/incident-report
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Community_working_group
http://ev.kde.org/workinggroups/cwg.php
https://www.acrnet.org/

this affects us all please give your input.

in excellence,
Andrew L