Tori,
I wish I had better words to say in such a conversation. But, tis better to
stand on your feet than knees.
It is usually the ones who stand against the "viruses" of a "system" that
later turn out to be those who fixed the failure points of the system, even
bringing more efficiency.

On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 3:25 PM, Torrie Fischer <tdfisc...@hackerbots.net>wrote:

> Hi, hakkers.
>
> I'm taking a hiatus from SYNHAK.
>
> There are some poisonous people here within the community. They've offended
> me, balked at acknowledging their wrongs let alone apologizing, made it
> clear
> that they think of me as less than human, shown incredible disrespect, and
> fought me at every step of the way on the path to building a space that is
> welcoming and safe for all.
>
> I'm tired of the fighting, the bickering, and the bureaucratic bullshit
> that
> prevents me from taking on creative endeavors, so I'm leaving SYNHAK for a
> while. I've received the message loud and clear: members would rather not
> make
> waves instead of trying to stand up for what is best for the space and
> would
> rather see an active contributor get pushed away by a few loud individuals.
>
> I don't plan on returning until I can once again feel comfortable being at
> 48 S. Summit on my own, or able to send a mail to discuss@ without having
> bylaws and rules quoted as if that contributes to discussion.
>
> I will still pay dues, be Treasurer, and work with the champions+secretary
> keep SYNHAK financially afloat. I will not participate in the community
> that
> I have grown to dislike, and I will not be visiting a space where I am
> consistently put down for making genuine efforts to improve it and vilified
> when I would rather Get Things Done than waste time paying attention to
> those
> who refuse to participate in the community.
>
> Here's some further media that would do wonders to help fix SYNHAK:
>
> * http://www.ashedryden.com/the-risk-in-speaking-up
> * https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSFDm3UYkeE
> * http://geekfeminism.wikia.com/wiki/Conference_anti-harassment/Policy
> * http://communitywiki.org/cw/DoOcracy
> * http://communitywiki.org/en/CategoryConflict
> * http://communitywiki.org/en/ModerateInclusiveness
>

> SYNHAK is no longer fun, so I'll go have fun elsewhere.

Sincerely, Tomm Smith
God bless