Guten Tag, hakkers!

I've noticed that there was a meeting on 2014-04-29 and that the minutes are
posted. They are visible on the web at
https://synhak.org/wiki/Meetings/2014-4-29. I've also included them in this
mail for reading at your leisure:

{{Infobox_meeting
|time=7PM
|date=2014-04-29
|venue=48 South Summit
|next=Meetings/2014-5-6
|previous=Meetings/2014-4-22
}}

This page was automatically copied from [[Meetings/Template]] by
[[User:Phong]]. If you would like to change the structure of how meetings
future perform, please make any modifications to [[Meetings/Template]]. If you
would like to propose something at the meeting, send it to
propos...@synhak.org, or bring it up at a meeting.

= Instructions =
* Read the instructions out loud for all to comprehend if there are new people
present.
* '''Delete these instructions prior to posting completed minutes'''
* Pick a moderator and note-taker

== Note-taker ==
* Open a text editor to take down some '''detailed''' minutes.
** Detail is important. If it isn't written down, it never happened.
* Project the minutes and notes throughout the meeting
* Follow the instructions in the End of Meeting section at the appropriate time.
* Tell treasu...@synhak.org and secret...@synhak.org if there are new members.
If the [[treasurer]] is already present, there is no need to email them.

== Moderator ==
* Make sure everyone gets a chance to speak
* Speak minimally yourself
* Keep the meeting moving
* Handle the membership voting process
* Be sure to thoroughly follow the procedure outlined in this document, as the
template may occasionally change without warning.
** The order of things is also important. We induct new members prior to
proposals, so that they too may have a say in things.

== Participants ==
* Say your name the first time you speak
* Remain on-topic
* Remain respectful of other participants

= Agenda =

* '''Note Taker:''' MikeG
* '''Moderator:''' Becca

== Introduction and Names ==

* Round of introductions
** What is your name?
** What do you do?
** If this is your first time, how did you hear about SYNHAK?
Robert R's Grampa, REtired Study of Law.
Jen, Stay at home mom
Robert, likes to invent
Becca, frosts cakes,defrosts bread
Mike, pressed the button
STeve, brings horribly outdated computers to syhak
Matt, updates software
Matt, Deathray enthusiast
Linda, Librarian, wants her own Makerspace, found out from Clev Pub Library
Joe, retired mechanic
Craig, flips cars
G, restores bycicles, for kiks
Andy, computer tomography machines
Chris, untapps
Will, gots a new phone
Philip, takes pictures, wants to start bike refurb service, with MAtt, G, and
Theresa, not for profit, but for fun

== Announcements ==
Mini Maker fair, KSU Library, 12-4pm Thurs
informal annoucnement Akron Minimaker fair October 18th  11-4pm  Akron Bublic
Library, main branch
Names Convention: MEchanical engineering society, makes working mini trains, in
Michigan
Shop Saftey tomorrow 8pm
--close toed shoes
-long sleeve shirt/short sleeve/overshirt
-long pants
-stick with cottons

Matt: may have line on garage toolshop, but in Michigan

* Any cool new projects? Something you want everyone to know?
* Any happenings that people should be aware of?

== Membership ==
Jen, never considered to be a member, was told Rob couldn't skype into a
meeting, or join via proxy
G, can we have special off-tuesday meeting for a non-tuesday enabled person?
Becca, why can't he be interviewed over the phone.
Chris E, don't see bylaw restriction, to a non-tues meeting to address a new
member app.

* Read off any names open for application-
* Anyone eligible should:
** Introduce yourself
** Answer any questions
** Leave the area
* Members present should reach consensus on whether or not they join
* Applicants may return

== Financial Report ==
* Funds in bank:
none reported

== Proposals ==

no one wishes to propose to split the member dues/key restrictions proposal

open: proposals -see proposal page   https://synhak.org/wiki/Proposals

hACKER GRANT
Becca- would like to see a proposal that focusses on the greatest good with the
grant money, instead of whittling down until we come up with a great idea that
we don't have money for any more.
-Matt, Mozilla is broke from funding women programmers
Robert's Gpaw- that's the Govt's governance that put a hole in the bottom of
that boat.
Steve-before we spend any money, we should have a discussion of what we want to
do with this, before we start spending it.

Andy, machine shop walls, still getting quotes for materials, Carter Lumber was
not so helpful as of yet
-wants to make a trip to Restore for steel firedoors

Chris, do we have a plan of where doors/walls, windows,  -will there be pet
doors?
Andy -yes, no pet doors as of yet, maybe a robot door.

Roberts Key proposal:
will not be here without an adult
where to keep key so it's not lost?  maybe get a key lanyard and hang it up
where other keys are kept at home.
Robert's key proposal-approved! money accepted by Chris/champion

* Check the page at [[Proposals/Open]].

== Discussion Items ==

Jen -freespace for finding doors?

mailing address for Synhak:
SynHak
12 East Exchange ST
2nd Floor
Akron, OH 44308

If an item of discussion drags on too long, further discussion may be postponed
until after the meeting ends.

During discussion, it is not necessary to write down exactly what each person
says. Record the topics of discussion, and any items of consensus or
controversy here. Detailed descriptions of the conversation should go on the
discuss page for this meeting.