Steve,

I will BLOCK this proposal to evict Torrie Fishcher from SH as strongly as
I opposed her attempt to block Anna-Jeannine Herman from membership at the
recent meeting.

You may think that this may be a "solution" to some of the current problems
at SH, but it is not the best approach to solving them.

It would be a very good day for me if I opened my email inbox in the
morning to find that Torrie had voluntarily withdrawn her block to
membership for AJ9 and you had withdrawn your planned proposal to dispose
of Torrie by any bureaucratic means available.

Torrie is a valuable member of SH and brings lots of experience, knowledge,
and excellent ideas for operating and building the organization.

Sure, she has her faults, but who at SH is perfect?  She might have some
serious personal issues with one or more members/non-members, but I
sincerely believe that all the issues can be worked out - if the parties
involved are willing to discuss the issues and agree in advance to accept a
final solution so all can move on.

Torrie has not sought out my advice, but if she did, I would suggest that
she go to CA as planned and enjoy the time away from Akron and SH. When she
returns, she should consider taking at least a month off from all things at
SH.  Thirty days is not a long time and the break would benefit everybody
at SH, members and non-members.  With the recent change in her employment
situation, I am sure she has some priority items to deal with.  Her focus
should be on her new business and not the ongoing squabbles at SH.

After the break of 30 or more days, I would like to see Torrie return to SH
as a member, involved in her own projects and sharing her technical
expertise and knowledge with others.

It is way past time to stop the bickering and in-fighting that has almost
brought SH to the brink of dissolution and failure.

We need to work together and get back to the projects and activities that
brought each of us to SH in the first place.

Sincerely,

Philip