I think you should look into filter’s into excel if I understand your problem correctly.

Cody

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Robert Reil
Sent: Friday, June 16, 2006 2:32 PM
To: discussion@acfug.org
Subject: RE: [ACFUG Discuss] Off Topic: MS Excel Sort Corrupts Mass Data.

Well we do that when appropriate but sometimes we have so much organization to do that we sort this column this way and make appropriate mods by populating a cell and copying by dragging the little plus sign down till the appropriate items are populated.

Then we resort in another way and do the same. Some times we need to have a numerical autonumber, then resort again. Etc.

The problem is that when data arrives as new products we have it as a csv, and have to populate approximately 35 more columns before we can push it to the table in the DB.

If we have a thousand products to do this to it take a while and the most efficient way is to keep sorting it as appropriate.

I understand if my SQL coding skills were better (I have none and just read a quick tutorial on it) I may be able to do things better. But for now Excel seems like the only solution and it does not work as data keeps getting corrupted.

ARGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Robert P. Reil

Managing Director,

Motorcyclecarbs.com, Inc.