Is your web server also a domain controller?

John
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Robert Reil
Sent: Friday, June 30, 2006 1:21 PM
To: discussion@acfug.org
Subject: [ACFUG Discuss] Slow Site Starting on Reboot

I have a dual 1GB server with 1GB Ram as our live server using W2K, and
MySQL with CF6

Lately we have had to wait a longer and longer duration during reboots to
get the CF site working.

I just went through a 5 reboot round with the live server trying to get it
to host the site.

Randomly the WWW Service would hang, or if it would run the CF site would
return a JRUN timeout error.

Looking at the Event Viewer there were no CF errors and it started properly.
The Task Manager Showed 95-100% processor activity and was hung on JRUN.exe
that whole time. Finally the 5th reboot took about 10 mins while I was
looking around trying to find a pattern to this activity (or inactivity
should I say) and suddenly the JRUN.exe let go and the site showed up on a
Browser F5 Refresh.

You gurus have any idea what gives with this thing?

Robert P. Reil
Managing Director,
Motorcyclecarbs.com, Inc.
4292 Country Garden Walk NW