While I am new to development I have reached a point where I realize that we
have to modify AbleCommerce (our CF based shopping cart) but that Able
continues to revise their product, and create new updated builds.

This is going to become a mess as we go our way with their product and they
go theirs.

What I need to do is manage changes. We have been keeping a log file on
changes but they are only as good as the technician that documents it.
With this being the case I had a discussion last night at the study group
with Teddy, and John that there are many many other options that may be good
for me.

I will need to compare Older AbleCommerce builds with newer ones so I can
see the changes.
Also to save as a base line a certain config as a build once updates are
done. Then examining the AbleCommerce changes integrate them into our code.
Or Vice versa. And this needs to be as simple as possible.

So I respectfully open the floor for debate on what is the best FREEWARE
product for us to manage these ongoing changes.

Note:
These changes would be CFM, CSS, & WZC (AbleCommerce Wizard) files only for
the most part that I can see.
It would also be nice however if certain tables in the DB could be saved
with a build as well if that would be possible. (for cart settings mostly)
We are using CF6 at the moment on a Windows 2K server in MySQL4.1

Let the debate begin!

Thanks!

Robert P. Reil
Managing Director,