I have to agree here, a source versioning system would be the best way to go.  Subversion is an open source solution that can be setup on an Windows environment while Linux (any flavor) normally comes with CVS built into the system by default.  Visual Source Safe would be another choice for you if you have the license for it.

Hope this helps

Jason

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Steven Ross
Sent: Wednesday, August 02, 2006 08:26
To: discussion@acfug.org
Subject: Re: [ACFUG Discuss] Change Management Options Debate.

I second that SVN is the way to go. I've never set it up for windows but running it under linux is quite easy.

A good source control could help out tremendously.  You can branch off separate builds...great freeware versions are CVS and Subversion (a spinoff of CVS).  I think you will find plenty of information on these with a google.  If you put the time into learning how to really incorporate a source control you could do exactly what you're talking about below and at the same time have good rollback points if you ever need to....

I will say this, I've worked with Subversion and was very impressed - they have tools that integrate into windows and they are pretty slick.

Hope that helps a little,

Allen